Thursday, October 18, 2012

Welcome to my world of nurturing and cultivate the love for learning site.

A Brief Intro of Myself
I was an ex-secondary school teacher for 5 years and been in the private sector working for a dot.com company and an integrated communication and advertising firm for a couple of years. My most memorable days are during my education service. I was priviledged to work with talented colleagues who are either designated for promotion into upper management or attained the Presidential Award for Teachers. Though we have all parted to seek our endevours, the experience with them has highly shaped the way I look at my career, family and life.

Over the years, I realize teaching is still an integral part of my life as I love to teach and shape the hearts and minds of the next generation. Currently I am a full-time tutor and have students from Kindergarten to O-level. I have been tutoring since my University days as I have always enjoyed teaching and aspired to be a teacher after I graduated from the University. I have switched to being self-employed now as I need to have time for my family especially my little one, Issac who is currently in his three years old.


Being an educator, I believe in setting the right foundation for a child can do wonders for not only his confidence, later he will develop the right attributes to learn and move on to be independent. As a firm believer of teaching methodologies that work, I adhere closely to the Montessori methods in develop and nurture my son's ability and interest. I also adopt the Multiple Intelligence approach since I tutored students  of varied abilities and skills. While we may consistenctly hunt for the best formula that work to bring out the best in our child, we must be mindful that one's success in his/her method with his/her children may not necessarily work for others. So parents and teachers, keeping an open mind is essential to unlocking your child's potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment